Unpopular book opinions


Yeah yeah I know I have lost my originality for this post. I really love watching this book tag on Youtube and I have left the link to the original tag below so that you can check it out for yourself.

Basically, in this tag, I will be answering a couple of book-related questions. I have a lot many unpopular opinions about many things and this is just the book version. Maybe in the future, I will do a movies unpopular opinions tag (look forward to that).

So let the unpopular opinions be revealed

  1. A Popular Book or series you didn't like.

Me: Uh... Sooo many...Let's start with*drum roll please*
        The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: This is a very popular series that people love more than The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare and is praised by many for its characters. I could go on and on about why I didn't like this series but that's for another day. 
For now, let's move on to the next series and i.e 
        The Throne of Glass series: I have just read the first book in this series and let's just say I did not like it nuh-uh, not one bit. There was one character in this book that could have saved the ship but unfortunately, he wasn't enough to make me want to continue on with the series. 

2. A popular book or series that everyone seems to hate but you love. 

                     Me: A lot of people have recently started to hate on Paper Towns by John Green and honestly I do understand to some extent why they do but I did enjoy this novel. Maybe I am biased because this is one of the first novels I read but still...

3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with someone you didn't want them to end up with.

Me: Nah SKIP

4. A popular book genre that you can't seem to reach for.

Me: Sci-Fi, and... (thinks of all the other genres excluding Fantasy and Contemporary)

5. A popular or beloved book character that you did not like.

Me: Cress from the Lunar Chronicles, (Just one? Can I add let's see... another 20 more?) Lila from A Darker Shade of Magic series, Daisy from Turtles All The Way Down.

6. A popular author you can't seem to get into.

Me: Sarah J. Mass( author of the Throne of Glass series), Chetan Bhagat

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing.

Me: LOVE TRIANGLES, (I dedicated an entire post to the tropes I hate)

8. A popular series that you won't be reading.

Me: The Twilight series, The Hunger Games series, The Game of Thrones or The Song of Ice and Fire series.

9. What movie or T.V adaptation you enjoyed more than the book?

Me: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. (What can I say? Leonardo DiCaprio just makes everything so much better) 


Comments

Popular Posts