It's raining and I'm Sappy

Ok, it's not just rain, it is rain accompanied by a lot of lightning and thundering. So probably not the best type of rain to be sappy for but what can I say, I'm a very sentimental person.

(If you're one of those people thinking what the hell does sappy mean. Then for you here's the meaning- Sappy means the state of being both happy and sad at the same time) So currently it is raining cats and dogs and the clouds have crowded the sun and even though it is 5pm it appears as though it 8pm. The point is, what exactly triggered my sappiness and nobody is surprised that it was the rain. I have always loved the rain but like most things you love, there is only so much of it that you can tolerate. So I love the rain but my love for it is very much conditional. I don't mind being curled up in bed listening to the monotonous pitter-patter of the rain for an entire day. But not when I have somewhere to be or somewhere to go. So yeah, you can say that I am a very selfish worshiper of the rain but I'm pretty sure that the rain has mutual feelings towards me since it keeps drenching me in its shower exactly when it is not needed so yeah... friendship goals!
Anyways, I got to thinking, what exactly got me to have this love-hate relationship with the rain. Then I realized that it has got everything to do with the way the rain makes me feel. The rain is notorious for triggering the happiest or the saddest moments of our lives. And I am no exception to that. It doesn't exactly trigger memories but it just puts me in that mood of in between. Neither happy nor sad. Just in between. I feel lazy, but mentally my mind is going places. The past, the present, and the future, my mind loves to travel. And trust me when I say that my mind knows how to travel. You know how when it rains it is both cool and warm at the same time? The same way my mind is thinking about all the happy and the disappointing moments in my life. Moments where I should have made a different decision or where I should've said something different. Right from the giggle-worthy moments to the outright embarrassing moments, all of it starts to come back in bits and pieces and the worst thing is you can do nothing to stop them. So damn the rain. (Rain if you're listening please don't take offense, I'm just very sappy right now- because of you. So, please ignore)

Like Magnus Bane says-"Regret is such a pointless emotion" and because he's my favorite book character and all, I choose to believe his wise words. Reminiscing the past is a part and parcel of the rain but beating yourself up over the past is not acceptable in any way. What is done is done and there is no way the past can be changed. I know it sounds cliche, but what I have learned from all the time travel movies is that no matter how hard you try to stop something it always happens anyway. So if someday you happen to create a time machine and want to change that one stupid decision you took (like the creation of this blog), just remember that it would've happened anyway.......Wait a sec who am I kidding? Scratch the previous to the previous sentence. If someday you do happen to create a time travel machine - GO CRAZY. Go change all that you have wanted to change because (1) do hell with my opinions and (2) Nobody learns from and repents their mistakes until they make one. 
So yeah...GO CRAZY.

With that, I leave you to your devices.
Introvert Out.

(No raindrops, clouds or future time machines were harmed in the making of this post. If you notice any...Let's be honest...You're seeing things)  

(And if you're still adamant...Please ignore said raindrops/clouds/future time machines and MOVE  ON PEOPLE!)

Comments

Popular Posts